Translate

Δευτέρα 7 Σεπτεμβρίου 2026

The brutality of survival/Η αγριότητα της επιβίωσης.

 During the night, a marten had ruined their nest. In the morning, the swallows returned, looked around, and conferred; eventually, they left, and I never saw them at that spot again. What a pity—survival of the fittest...

Το βράδυ ένα κουνάβι είχε χαλάσει τη φωλιά τους. Το πρωί, τα χελιδόνια επέστρεψαν, κοίταζαν, συζητούσαν, τελικά έφυγαν και δεν τα ξαναείδα σε εκείνο το σημείο. Πόσο κρίμα, η επιβίωση του ισχυρότερου....

the swallows


23 σχόλια:

  1. As unfortunate and sad as it is, that’s the way the animal world is!!!!

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  2. Esa ley se aplica a los animales y a los humanos. La fotografía es magnífica. Un abrazo

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  3. Se ha impuesto la ley del más fuerte y las pobres golondrinas se han quedado sin su nido.
    Feliz semana.

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  4. Malauradament és llei de vida.
    Molt maca la foto.
    Aferradetes, Katerina.

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  5. Hola, katerinas.
    La naturaleza es así...
    Te espero por mi espacio también (no salen las actualizaciones de mis entradas)
    Un beso

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  6. Oh no, a sad moment when the swallows returned.
    The photo is a great snapshot.

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  7. Las golondrinas son muy tenaces y perfeccionista en la construcción de sus nidos. Es una pena que otro animal se lo destroce.
    un saludo.

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  8. I did not know Martens would do this. How sad for the swallows. I have received a little more information from you. Thank you Katerina!

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  9. I like your photograph here.
    It is true, nature can so often be cruel.

    All the best Jan

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  10. Dear Katerina!
    It is a truly sad and distressing sight. Martens are incredibly clever and effective predators for whom bird eggs and chicks are easy prey, especially in spring and summer. Swallows put immense effort into building their nests, so losing a brood in this way is very frustrating.
    Have a lovely Sunday.

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  11. A natureza é cruel, assim como é bela. No mundo natural a sobrevivência é algo que costuma ser sofrido.
    As andorinhas são tão belas e a cor da fotografia ( em preto e branco) deu um ar mágico e ao mesmo tempo melancólico para o acontecimento...
    Obrigada querida, pela linda fotografia!!
    Linda semana! :)))))

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  12. I have a special fondness for swallows... When I was a child, they used to leave little sweets on my windowsill... Or at least, that’s what my mother told me.

    Whenever I see them, I’m taken back to a happy time, to a child’s world that nothing else can quite compare to...

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  13. I've gone off martens a bit now, I didn't know they did this. Lovely photo despite the sadness. x

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  14. Muy triste que le hayan destrozado el nido, otra vez volver a empezar. Besos.

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή

Sunday coffee in the rain: Moments, friendship, and autumn/Κυριακάτικος καφές στη βροχή: Στιγμές, φιλία και φθινόπωρο

Outside , it’s raining, and people are rushing to find shelter—but for us, time stands still beneath an umbrella. The sound of the rain, the...

Ετικέτες

Επισκέπτες

Flag Counter

Επισκέπτες